Access Canberra Invests in Project Management Skills
Access Canberra invests in developing consistent project management skills at an enterprise level. Learn how Certitude Australia designed a in-house, custom project management workshop, aligned to best practice industry standards.
Period: January – April 2023
Services: Project Management Training, Instructional Design, Industry Certification
Access Canberra is a core hub for government services across Canberra. Established in 2015 and with a team of over 750 staff, Access Canberra provides over 450 services to the community and regulates 110 pieces of legislation across a range of industries including building, environment, trade, liquor and transport.
The project environment is diverse including policy and legislative changes, investigative projects, major ICT enabled initiatives and many more. The diversity of project types is also coupled with the diversity of project size and complexity, ranging from very short, low cost initiatives to long-term complex projects.
Highlights / Outcomes
- Design and delivery of a project management fundamentals workshop, aligned to the Project Management Body of Knowledge and supportive of core Access Canberra terminology.
- Delivery of an interactive in-house workshop utilising relevant case studies to support the transfer of learning to the workplace.
- Delivery of PRINCE2 certification at both the foundational and practitioner level, to support the advancement of skills for the more senior project professionals.
Certitude Australia worked closely with a cross-functional team at Access Canberra to design a fundamentals of project management workshop.
The workshop was intended to:
- Support planning practices driving greater certainty of project outcomes;
- Upskill teams in contract and risk management, associated with projects;
- Support the leadership of projects through their lifecycle;
- Enable a culture of continuous improvement and lessons learned.
The offering included eLearning support for participants alongside a clear plan participants can follow to implement the learning in the workplace.
We engaged Certitude Australia to deliver PRINCE2 training and to deliver co-designed Project Management Fundamentals training.
Certitude Australia successfully developed fit for purpose learning solutions and adapted the delivery format and schedule as required to accommodate our busy operating environment. Certitude Australia’s facilitator is highly skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced. He utilises modern learning principles, interactive activities and shares real life experiences to deliver engaging training. The enrolment process and comprehensive reporting and evaluation of training is smooth and provides detailed insights of the training,
Certitude Australia continue to deliver customised training for Access Canberra as their service is outstanding and meets the needs of our organisation.
Workforce Capability Division – ACT Government