Does the ‘thing’ I want to do need to be project managed?
Good project management is essential for the success of any project. It involves the planning, organising, and managing of resources in order to achieve specific goals. Good project management ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards.
There are several reasons why good project management matters:
- Improved efficiency: Good project management helps to streamline processes and eliminate waste, resulting in a more efficient use of resources. This can lead to cost savings and faster project completion.
- Enhanced communication: Good project management involves effective communication between all stakeholders, including team members, clients, and sponsors. This helps to ensure that everyone is on the same page and working towards the same goals.
- Increased productivity: Good project management helps to keep projects organised and on track, resulting in increased productivity and fewer delays.
- Reduced risk: Good project management helps to identify and mitigate potential risks before they become problems. This helps to reduce the likelihood of unexpected issues or delays.
- Improved customer satisfaction: Good project management helps to deliver projects that meet customer requirements and expectations. This can lead to increased customer satisfaction and a positive reputation for the organisation.
It is surprising the number of initiatives that any organisation undertakes that don’t run as ‘projects’. With the correct view and attention to detail, good project management can mean the difference between the success and failure to any business initiative.